Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 76 08-10-2005 , 09:51 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Jeezus That was quick!!

Thanks Vlad.

With the color, yeah maybe I'll add some more contrasty areas around the eyes and cheeks but Im happy with it for now, thanks again Vlad.

Best Regards

Jay

# 77 09-10-2005 , 04:36 PM
holy shit! he looks alive. astonishing work with the eyes.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 78 09-10-2005 , 05:37 PM
Hey Falott

Thanks man, Im on the next character now. More textures.

Best Regards
Jay

# 79 09-10-2005 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
Hey Jay, great work as always dude, I especially like the eye thingy user added image

The teeth look a bit off to me though, I think the mesh should be a little more bulky below the lower lip to make them seem stronger. Best explanation I can come up with at the moment, hope you get my point. Oh, and sorry for the late crit user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 80 09-10-2005 , 06:18 PM
blomkaal

Dude, hey its not a prob, Id rather bad crit than no crit at all providing its constructive.

The teeth...hmmm, it was a tricky one to decide on. I had a look at some images of teeth on 'creatures', you know werewolves etc to get a feel for them and how they would look, I even pulled faces in the mirror. The problem is that none of the above mentioned is a relaxed state of the face. The teeth in a movie are false teeth on top of real teeth hence the bulk in the jaw, and as for me pulling faces in the mirror well thats just damn ugly. So I had a look at a dog, tigers and crocs, none of which have any bulk in the lower jaw for the teeth, all have a relaxed look so I did the same with this guy.

Its a tough one to try and do, to make this stuff believable at the end of the day, as long as the facial expressions on this guy work with those teeth I'll be happy enough.
Thanks Dude

Jay

# 81 09-10-2005 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
The teeth in a movie are false teeth on top of real teeth hence the bulk in the jaw

Guess that proves it, I watch too many movies user added image Yeah well it might just be the expression. Or the fact that I've more drunk for the past two days than I otherwise have in the last two months all together user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 82 09-10-2005 , 08:05 PM
LOL

Yeah you dont wanna be drinking and doing Maya, it could all go wrong!!

Jay

# 83 09-10-2005 , 08:09 PM
I'm tellin' you, Jay. Really nice job on the textures. In particular the tool belt, pants and shoes just look fantastic. And I too like the frosty eye.

I don't think I trust this guy, but he looks like the type who may have information for a price.user added image

Dave

# 84 09-10-2005 , 09:00 PM
Cheers Dave

He gets his ass kicked, trust me!!

Jay