Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 01-08-2007 , 03:51 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Ok man after that dumbass , "It was late in the evening, i couldn't see my model anymore 'cause my girlfriend was angry at me for getting out of bed in the middle of the night to do some more maya, and threw stuff at me"-excuse, i'm going to be tough on you:p .

There are a couple of things i think;
first of all; i like the rusty pipe.
second;
The framework/window and the frontdoor , will look a lot nicer, i think , when they fall inside the wall (if you don't know what i mean i will make a quick sketch for you )
And last;
I'm going to bitch about the corner stone againuser added image
I think that you should lower the vein width or remove the texture from the colorinput and put in the bump-input, and then add as i earlier suggested a fractal or something like that to the specular input

Attached Thumbnails
# 77 01-08-2007 , 05:38 AM
Subscriber
ayyy.., come on man.., I had just woke up and, well, you know.., err, I had to think of some excuse?? user added image

anyway, much appreciated input once more.., hows this

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 78 01-08-2007 , 12:03 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
This is what i meant with putting the windows more back in(see picture), your frontdoor for instance is now on equal depth with the wall it should be more back in, the same goes for the oval window next to the front door.

Good luck

Attached Thumbnails
# 79 01-08-2007 , 12:37 PM
Hey Mirek

Looks like its coming along nicely.

I would get rid of the procedural textures and just photoshop them.

Theres lots of free textures available that you can adjust in PS, and desaturate for a bump map base, it will look better.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 80 01-08-2007 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the tip about the window.., I would have missed that, although I did wonder if sinking it past the wall was what you meant, and it was, naturally because thats how it is in 'real' life. I will obey user added image

Steve, mate I just wanted to see some colour, I will do the textures in PS but Im stealing time to do this.., I have no time, I am about to start post sound, all of it (its a uni, not a production house) for 4 movies, plus another I did that the uni wants to make.., only one minute but it has a very strong anti-drug theme to it.., 'you do it you die,' (metaphorically at the very least( .., doesnt get much heavier than that.., and all in 60 seconds.., but speaking of time.., I have none so bare with me user added image

cheers guys user added image

# 81 08-08-2007 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber
had very little time.., exhausted and the worst is yet to come.

no accounting for taste on this street.. how colonel Light felt.

Attached Thumbnails