Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-06-2007 , 05:49 PM

Drawing and character design tuts

Hey all.. just wanted to get some ideas of how much interest there is in drawing and character design tuts..... to add some new content to the site...

I did a very basic character design tut a while back and seem to go over very well.

If there seems to be enough interest i will see about producing a few more indepth ones.. From pencil drawing to coloring and story boards

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 26-06-2007 , 06:31 PM
Jr.Who
I vote yes! :attn:

# 3 27-06-2007 , 04:17 PM
deff kurt i love your tutorials. Can you make one with another character, like drawing it, putting it in maya, modeling it, then animating it and making it into and avi and i would deff buy that. Plz make one.user added image

# 4 27-06-2007 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
I'm up for any kind of tutorial you want to do Kurt, they all come out good and they're a good source to learn from, and to go back to when you're stuck on something later on down the road.
Is the character design drawing going to have a front, top and side view? Just curious.

# 5 27-06-2007 , 08:59 PM
Acid44
maybe a character design tut from pencil drawing of different angles to resizing in PS and setting up blueprints in maya...

that'd be awesome-sauceuser added image

# 6 03-07-2007 , 01:56 AM
I'll see about picking up a video camera so you can see me draw with a pen instead of the tablet.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 7 04-07-2007 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber
oh yes that would be verry cool!

# 8 04-07-2007 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
thegnomonworkshop does the same thing. grabbing a cam and you can watch em draw. this would be fantastic kurt.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 9 12-07-2007 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber
yes yes yes....

i would totally dig that.

how about a technique to stylize an image. e.g. on this site https://threedy.com/site/forum/showthread.php?t=50002
they have a stylized animal challenge, but without to be able to stylize.... well no fun at all.

something like that would be cool.

you see, i mean posting in two different threads about the same user added image