Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-10-2008 , 10:02 PM

Polygons or Subdivisions

what is the best type of model for character animation? what are the advantages and disadvantages of polygons and subdivisions? can i use subdivision for animation.

# 2 21-10-2008 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber
first question: what? i don't get what you just asked

second question: it depends on what your modelling

third question: yes. you can animate anything.

note: i'm well aware that my answers probably aren't the answers you were looking for
you asked a really broad set of questions that requires pages of explanation to get the answers you're actually looking for
so i'm guessing that's why no one has answered your questions yet

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 22-10-2008 , 04:59 AM
Thanks Chirone...and sorry for not making my questions clear enough... my first question means which one is the best: nurbs, poly or subdivs for animation..

you've answered my questions just as i wanted. thanks...

# 4 22-10-2008 , 05:18 AM
If you want to do character modeling then polys is the general method to go with, pretty much polys all the way really

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle