Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 02-07-2010 , 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by daverave
Hi Genny
Im not a great lighting guy {some thing I will need to address) but I can see great benifits in your script, I thanks you for sharring..............dave

Thanks Dave user added image I actually updated the script I posted earlier but it needs some cleaning up before posting.

- Genny
# 17 02-07-2010 , 11:31 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
fantastic jenny one down one more to go user added image

# 18 02-07-2010 , 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
The paint shaders should be easier. They have more channels, but there seems to be only a difference of 2 channels between the 2 types.

- Genny
# 19 04-07-2010 , 12:29 AM
Just tried out your script...works GREAT! Not only does it work great but the time it saves from having to do all the gamma correcting is awesome. Good work GecT

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 20 04-07-2010 , 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks Perfecto :blush:

****UPDATED SCRIPT****

I changed it a bit, now the viewport stand ins or "mules" update automatically when you edit their MR buddies.

And I added support for the paint and SSS shaders. Hope you guys don't mind being mah lab rats...umm I mean testers >.>

Enjoy ^^

Attached Files
File Type: rar pmm_shadergammacorrectscript.rar (5.9 KB, 186 views)

- Genny
# 21 01-02-2012 , 02:49 AM

Script

Hey bro,i need some serious help... i'm working on a scene with almost 50 lights and when i'm supposed to change color of a group of lights at once, either i have to remember rgb values or i have to change the color manually.. So what i need is if there is any way to put hsv instead of rgb in channel editor of lights...I have no idea of scripting, you know my purpose so if you have any script that can change color of many lights with a single click or anything which can make hsv come into channel editor will be awesome..
Waiting for reply..

# 22 01-02-2012 , 02:55 AM
EduSciVis-er
You can select all your lights and open the attribute spread sheet, then change the rgb values all at once. Not sure if you can have hsv in the attribute editor, but it's a step forward at least.

# 23 01-02-2012 , 02:22 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
very usefull posting in a 2 year old thread, it's better to start a new thread with your question instead of hogging someone else's