Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-05-2004 , 05:23 PM

Little help with my first project.

# 2 08-05-2004 , 06:24 PM
Instead of having the flattened cylinder base, you can extrude the bottom of the cylinder that makes up the body several times, scaling it out a little bit with each extrude.

Another way of approaching this would be to trace the profile of the whole machine using a CV curve, then creating a surface via "revolve". You can output the revolve as polys or NURBS.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 08-05-2004 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
create a curve similar to this, then place it's pivot where the arrow is (with the insert ket, then curve snap it to the edge of the curve)
then in the surface options menu choose revolve option box, and edit>reset settings, then revolve. if it does not work properly, u can alway change the direction of the revolve and origin.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp curve.bmp (58.7 KB, 156 views)
# 4 08-05-2004 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NitroLiq

Another way of approaching this would be to trace the profile of the whole machine using a CV curve, then creating a surface via "revolve". You can output the revolve as polys or NURBS.

d'oh, i type too slow user added image hehe

# 5 08-05-2004 , 09:08 PM
thanks guys, I'm attempting it now.