Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-07-2007 , 05:00 PM

Lamborghini Diablo

Hey everyone. My second model. This is another favourite car. I took advice from those who replied on my lotus thread and choose an easier car to model. I also made it in parts rather than one whole model. It looks a hell of a lot better than the lotus elise (which I have given up on user added image). Here it is:

Louis

Attached Thumbnails

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 2 13-07-2007 , 05:03 PM
Heres wireframe. A lot more cleaner mesh than the Lotus.

Attached Thumbnails

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 3 13-07-2007 , 10:23 PM
Update.

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 14-07-2007 , 01:42 AM
I still think a Lamborghini Diablo may be a little too hard, try something with simpler shapes such as VW Golf, Audi TT, 350Z or a BMW from 1994-1998, since they are pretty squared.

# 5 14-07-2007 , 12:49 PM
Why? I think its pretty good for a W.I.P. I might do one of those later.

Louis

# 6 15-07-2007 , 08:15 AM
The Diablo is a lot harder than you might think. Any lambo is harder than you might think. Start with something like a Mini-Coupe, or a Volkswagon Bug cause lambos are so recognizable these days that any mistakes will be seen from a mile away.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman