Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-03-2011 , 11:20 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Silly Cavemen in S3D

As some of you already know I entered the last challenge with a bit of a comic take on the " speed" -part of that challenge.
This evening I was playing around with Nuke and found a little thing called an anaglyph node which cave very satisfying results , ah well I say just put on your ol' red n Blue's and enjoy the fun in S3D LOL

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-03-2011 , 05:29 AM
Lifetime Member
damn you mastone...I DONT have any...damn...I can cross my eyes and see it...but it hurth my head

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 18-03-2011 , 10:30 AM
Subscriber
mastone, that is nice looking. i like it. your left and right camera seam to be a little bit too close - or the camera has too high focal length. the picture misses a bit of depth. did you use the stereo cam rig in maya or made your own? or did nuke do all of it with a single picture and a zmap ?

oh and here just for you bullet - the cheap mans red blue glasses with twisting your eyes into a knot (hope you get a big headache from it user added image ):

p.s.: mastone, hope you don't mind that i crippled your picture like that - maybe you can post a picture in full color like this with left and right channel seperate (or make bullet buy glasses) ....

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 18-03-2011 , 10:42 AM
Lifetime Member
duckie!! Im shocked and utterly heartbroken as well as emotionally crushed..that you think Im cheap (well maybe I am LOL). That is better...even if it hurts...bahahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 18-03-2011 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
buahhhahahahaha,

actually it would be cheaper to buy a pair of glasses than to buy graphics software that lets you extract the red/blue/green channels out of a picture. (besides you could have done that yourself) unless you actually have no money - then you can download gimp ....

# 6 18-03-2011 , 05:18 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Guys
@ bullet:https://www.oz3d.com.au/ user added image)
@ Babyduck: I have done nothing fancy with ZDepth or anything I just put the anaglyph node on top of a 2d image and kinda liked the effect and it has potential if you make use of the 3D workspace in nuke where you physically move plates in Z space and adjust the disparity accordingly , I mean if you render out anayglyph from 3D you render twice the amount of frames twice the storage etc etc, I think compositing is key in S3D workflow