SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / image empty when batch render

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

04-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
farbtopf
Subscriber

image empty when batch render
Hi there again,

I came across a wierd render problem. I've got a particle simulation and everything is working fine. My particles are blobby surface and I'm using the dielectric material. When I render in maya to check I get an image (1st attachment) when I batch the whole sequence there is a hole where my particles should be... Same problem with mia material. When checking the alpha in maya render window I noticed that it doesn't exist for my particles, but the alpha channel is checked in render globals?

any help would be great thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	40643  
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
farbtopf
Subscriber

this is how the same image looks when coming out of the batch render (the E and ground plane are disabled in the image above)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	40644  
04-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
gster123

Not too sure but have you got, now this is off the top of my head, "pass custom surface to something" checked in the mental ray tab, its near the bottom somewhere??

Might be it?
04-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
farbtopf
Subscriber

hey thanks,

I don't think that was the reason, I suppose you mean where you can check pass custom alpha, z etc channel.
It's really wired I didn't change anything, all the MR materials on particles don't produce an alpha... or anything at all as soon as I batch....

thanks anyway