Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 04-05-2011 , 07:49 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Update

mainly detail tweaks

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 77 05-05-2011 , 06:56 AM
Ace Jay (fish and the model!)

Yeah not been about much, been really busy on some other stuff, more on the hardware side of things for a project. Linking Maya with some hardware for some fun installations as well as assessements and exams and research.

Had a bit of a fish myself the other week, was lovely to get back out there, had quite a good session with a few big, nice Roach.

Hopefully over summer I'll be able to get back into the fold!

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 78 05-05-2011 , 07:19 AM
Hey Steve

ahh thats great mate, it gets you away from the screen, well thats my excuse to the wife anyway LOL. But yeah its nice to hear someone catching some good sized roach. We were at our local pond (no day ticket needed) the other evening just floating crust for carp, all good stuff!! Look forward to seeing you back soon.

anyway an update, still ongoing tweaks, removed the spheres and added the eyeballs to see what needs doing around that area, also looking at reducing the width of the mouth a little too.

ttfn

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 79 05-05-2011 , 11:24 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL nice fish mate....I will have to get out soon and catch some Mulloway or sharks off the beach and throw the images up, I may be going to Broome soon...so look out then mate...wooooohoooooo spanish mackeral, bluebone, Mangrove Jack and Mud crabs...he he he he he

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 80 06-05-2011 , 11:30 PM
Technical Director
Hey Jay. Looking good. Are her nostrils really that wide?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 81 07-05-2011 , 12:47 AM
LOL no mate, I kept looking at that too, as it kept throwing me while doing it

heres an up view

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 82 08-05-2011 , 05:50 AM
This is coming along great Jay, is really good to see your workflow on this as I know it will be a great help for me in future. As others have said, is great the way you get so much of the detail in with Maya before moving into a sculpting ap.

Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing the textures go on once you are happy with the modeling.

# 83 08-05-2011 , 09:29 AM
Thank you Leonlabyk I hope it can help yourself or others here.

Yeah Im a big believer of 'getting it right' on the base before moving forward into the sculpting app. Generally it makes life alot easier, for me especially, as Im not one to just dive in, it has to be methodical technically and artistically as well.

cheers
Jay

# 84 09-05-2011 , 06:19 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
nice work jay. i mus say the creases in the eyes are a wee bit too sharp, and the the eyebrow area where it meets the eyes are also a wee bit too defined. her lips are also a tad thin. i would also tweak the nose to make it smoother. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

level 3 luchador!

image dump
# 85 09-05-2011 , 07:11 PM
LOL, cheers Vlad. hows it going, been a while

You wouldnt believe how smooth her nose ISNT. It is all over the place. This image is an airbrushed publiciity still, I have checked it out as its a good pic but not good for referencing the finer details. I have a shitload of her, in a more neutral expression. Theres fifteen cameras in the scene too all around the same sort of age, though thats pretty difficult to define as she was stunning even through her forties. Ive got a ton of angle grabs from Tiffanys mainly with a couple of later ones thrown in, as her face really becomes defined more as she loses that puppy fat look later on.

Lips wise she is pushing certainly pushing these out here. The ref Im using is around post ' Tiffanys' ,this is nearer Roman Holiday and Funny Face. Check this image for contours for the face, not as perfectly smooth as you'd think on looking at her in these wallpaper images

https://www.el-buskador.com/galeria/d...20%2818%29.jpg

will have an update either tonight or tomorrow with a bit of luck

cheers for now

Jay

# 86 10-05-2011 , 11:11 PM
Update

added a level one smooth, to start the finer details. No Zbrush yet. Also still getting rid of symmetrical area like ears, she has one considerably higher than the other, also adding nose and lip differences.....only 8232 faces all in.

cheers
Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 87 11-05-2011 , 02:52 PM
The thin red line
Thats looking nice Jay what are you going to use for hair?..........dave

# 88 11-05-2011 , 02:59 PM
cheers Dave

Either Maya Hair or PFX, failing that I'll do poly planes etc

J

# 89 11-05-2011 , 04:33 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Wow Jay your good at what you do the model has recieved alot of TLC and it shows

Last edited by murambi; 11-05-2011 at 04:41 PM.
# 90 11-05-2011 , 07:56 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
the chin is spot on mate. looking forward to see the ZB tweaks

level 3 luchador!

image dump