Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-09-2006 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber

Adjust the options via the shelf?

Can I open up the option box of a given command via clicking on it's icon in the shelf, ie I am going to merge vertices several times though I want to alter the tolerance, can I ctrl (example) + click the icon to bring up the option box to adjust the tolerance? Or do I have to fish around in the actual menu bar? I know I can bring up the option box by sometimes double clicking the icon but that already executes the operation with the wrong unchanged setting so you have to undo, then alter the settings.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 26-09-2006 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
u can just add the option box to the shelf same way u added the command.

# 3 27-09-2006 , 12:40 AM

double click

if you want to change the tolorence of any tool thats already on your shelf just double click it.and it will bring up its attributes so you can change them.if you want to add a button to your shelf just hold alt-shift-control and click what you want to add.hope that helps.

SWEET!
# 4 27-09-2006 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
Ctrl + shift adds to the shelf. I know if I double click I get the options, but that is only if say the related objects is selected. ie the vert have to be selected before i can double click the option box otherwise nothing happens. The prob with that is that the current settings are applied to the verts with the first click so when the option box pops up with the second click I have to firstly undo the last command then alter the settings. I guess there is no current hot key work around at the minute

# 5 27-09-2006 , 02:56 PM
Senior Software Developer
You could adjust the tolerance via the history. Also you could create a MEL script for each one from 0.1 to 1 using:

$selected = `ls -sl`;
for( $vert in $selected ) {
//Merge the Selected Vertices
polyMergeVertex -d 0.1 $vert;
};

$selected = `ls -sl`;
for( $vert in $selected ) {
//Merge the Selected Vertices
polyMergeVertex -d 0.2 $vert;
};

etc...

Hope this helps...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 27-09-2006 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
Cheers Ransid!