Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-04-2007 , 10:55 PM

finally finished the basic human tutorial

phew, that seemed so easy at first but it took me some days.. the first model (if I may call him that user added image) I have done at maya. a great tutorial I must add, perfect for a total beginner.
so here's my result.

wireframed with no clothes;
user added image

front view:
user added image

side view:
user added image

I have several questions though, why's my man looking so shiny ? How do I not make him look like he's a mud-man?
and well, I kind of messed up the nose and the mouth, the cheeks.. and the ears.. okay okay all of the head..
so please some help on how not to mess them up would be great and any other comments are welcome.

# 2 07-04-2007 , 11:48 PM
Hey Man, Looks good for your first model.

If you want to make his head look better have a look in the Topology thread in the WIP thread, its at the top as its a "stickey" thread.

as for him being "shiney" I would guess that youve applied materials on a blinn, have a play with the settings, reflectivity, eccrentricity and specular roll off to get a feel for what they do with test renders in between the changes.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-04-2007 , 01:02 AM
ah, thanks a lot gster , I think it was because I was using anisotropic. Used lambert as material and he doesn't look like a varnished statue now when I render him. user added image

user added image

and I'll definitely check the topology thread asap, thank you

# 4 11-04-2007 , 12:39 PM
hey looking pretty good for your first model

im working through this tutorial now so this is kinda encouraging.

let me know any good adjustments you find when refining the model user added image.

thanks