Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-03-2008 , 02:45 PM

UI Color Scheme?

Is there any way to change the color scheme of the Maya User Interface? I couldn't find any option in the preferences menu.
I prefer my programs to be dark grey as its takes less strain off my eyes and it's easier for me to work on projects.

# 2 01-03-2008 , 06:24 PM
got this from help file of maya. hope it's useful to you.

Change user interface colors

To open the color editor
Select Window > Settings/Preferences > Colors.
The three tabs control different color uses and work slightly differently:
The General tab lets you change user interface and view panel colors, including the view background color.
The Active and Inactive tabs let you change the colors of selected and unselected objects and components.
To change a color on the General tab
Click the arrow next to a section heading to show the colors inside.
Double-click a color swatch to edit it or drag the slider next to a color to change its brightness.
To change a color on the Active or Inactive tabs

In the Active and Inactive tabs, you cannot edit the colors directly. Instead, you set up a palette of available colors (at the top of the tab) and then select each active or inactive color from that palette.
Double-click a color swatch at the top of the tab to edit the palette of available colors.
Click the arrow next to a section heading to show the colors inside.
Drag the slider next to a color to change which color Maya uses from the palette.