Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-03-2008 , 09:29 PM

Disorientated axis

Hi, My axis is pointing in all the wrong directions..... Could someone let me know how to fix this please?

Thanks,

Jo

Attached Thumbnails

www.jowand.com
# 2 16-03-2008 , 11:17 PM
go into your option box for whatever tool you are using and try setting it to world or object depending on what you want to do. user added image

# 3 16-03-2008 , 11:28 PM
it looks like you're in the perspective view... the move tool stays aligned to the xyz axes (unless you're in local mode or something like that) so if you rotate your camera it'll do that.

at the same time, you probably know that, and your move tool has probably been changed to local mode, and ignores the regular axes.

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 18-03-2008 , 08:38 PM
Thanks.

www.jowand.com
# 5 19-03-2008 , 08:08 PM
oh and a note for you... if you have a photo manipulation program like photoshop, you don't have to keep taking pictures of your computer screen...

you can hit the print screen button and then in your photo program, select file-new, then paste. it'll paste your screenshot and then you can crop it as you like and save it as a jpg.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 19-03-2008 , 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by NeoStrider
oh and a note for you... if you have a photo manipulation program like photoshop, you don't have to keep taking pictures of your computer screen...

you can hit the print screen button and then in your photo program, select file-new, then paste. it'll paste your screenshot and then you can crop it as you like and save it as a jpg.

hey hey, dont forget microsoft paint lol : P

- Genny
# 7 19-03-2008 , 11:36 PM
lol yea you can use that too user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 20-03-2008 , 06:04 AM
Could be a MAC, in that case rarther than simply pressing print screen, you have to probably do something like Shift + Apple + 3, or there might be some sort of little hidden application that does it in another way.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 9 20-03-2008 , 11:49 AM
Ha ha!! Yeah, I'm on a mac. I've been having problems getting it to work. I reset alot of the keys as the commands were interfering with working in maya. Im treading really carefully as there is something happening which randomly shuts down maya when im working. I never have any other applications open either. I'd like to be able to take pictures of the screen tho, I'll try n sort it out.

Thank you

Heres the list of commands for anyone else who hasn't messed up thier keys!!
Table 1: Built-in Mac Screenshot Commands Key Combination Result
Command+Shift+3 Capture entire screen and save as a file
Command+Control+Shift+3 Capture entire screen and copy to the clipboard
Command+Shift+4 Capture dragged area and save as a file
Command+Control+Shift+4 Capture dragged area and copy to the clipboard
Command+Shift+4 then Space bar Capture a window, menu, desktop icon, or the menu bar and save as a file
Command+Control+Shift+4 then Space bar Capture a window, menu, desktop icon, or the menu bar and copy to the clipboarduser added image

www.jowand.com
# 10 20-03-2008 , 12:02 PM
Some of those commands sound like good practice for playing chords on the piano!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 11 20-03-2008 , 02:36 PM

Originally posted by arran
go into your option box for whatever tool you are using and try setting it to world or object depending on what you want to do. user added image

Thank you user added image This sorted me out.

www.jowand.com
# 12 20-03-2008 , 02:44 PM