Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-04-2007 , 08:57 PM

texture issue

A mate and I are working on a project together but I have a problem with some of the models he has made. For example a model will have a texture for the head, and one for the body, but the model is all one piece. I would normally detach the head, but in this instance nothing happens for a bit, then maya crashes. I've also tried duplicating the model and deleting the unwanted faces on each model but with the same outcome. I've done this on models with a higher polygon count so I'm not sure it's my system. (although it is getting on a bit now) Is there an easier way to do this? I'm using Maya 8 by the way.

# 2 30-04-2007 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
you could go on and lay out the uvs. if only applying shaders to different parts: select the faces you wanna modify go to create->sets->quick select sets and put it on your shelf.

with the faces selected you can just asign a shader to those.