SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Weird Extrude Face Snapping

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

20-03-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
agentprovo
Subscriber

Weird Extrude Face Snapping
I am at about the 33 min mark on the Apache tutorial, module 5, and I've encountered some weirdness when I try to extrude. Up until now, aside from some weirdness with manipulator direction, the extrude face has been working like a charm. However, as I was trying to extrude faces on the front of the Apache, all of a sudden the lower left corner started to "snap" to an area behind the smoothed mesh.:headbang:

I've attached a pic that has a before and after pic, as well as my tool settings and my extrude face tool settings. I cannot understand what is going on!

The settings are the same has they have been all along and I cannot figure out why it is acting this way. I know it must be something simple, but I don't know what it is. Please help!!!!

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weird2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	27442