Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-08-2004 , 07:57 AM

Hello im new =)

Hi there.

Hi im new to Maya im a Lightwaver, but im here to expand my knowledge of 3D and I got some questions. ( sorry if it seems im coming off rude my meaning is sincier.)

1. I have lightwave now if I add maya will the two mix and slow down my comp or do they flow well? ( I don't know much about comps im a hill billy. )

2. A friend of mine can get me maya 4 for free is it worth it or should I just deload the demo?

3. Is there a good demo transition for converters ( like myself user added image )

4. I have been told maya's modler doesn't even compare to lightwaves ( from what ive seen it looks like a kids toy but amazing things keep poping out of it.) is it that different or is it similar, or can I customise it to work like lightwaves (that would be asking alot)

5. If I come up with anymore idea's Ill come back ( that's of course you don't ban me user added image )

Thank you for your time a patience.

# 2 09-08-2004 , 01:43 PM
Subscriber
errrr... Light...waveuser added image

i thought it was just a plugin for another app....

well, dwnld the free demo of maya and step into the light...
and no your comp will not slow down unless you are running both maya and LW at the same time; and i doubt you will go back to LW once you model in maya. as for you friend getting you a free copy of maya, just make sure it's legitimate and not pirated software.
cheers... and hurry and uninstall LW before it's too late
:bored: user added image :bored: