Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-07-2005 , 09:01 AM

3-way NURBS intersection

I'm trying to get 3 NURBS tubes to intersect nicely (i.e. smoothly, like a fork in a pipe), and I'm having a great deal of difficulty doing so. I feel like such a noob asking, but I didn't know where else to turn. I have a couple pics below to give you an idea of what I mean. Is it possible for a NURBS surface to have a 3 way intersection? I can picture how it should work in my head, but when I try to implement it, I get nothing but weird extrusions. I've tried all kinds of duplication/mirror/attach methods, but to no avail. I'm sure there's a way, I just don't know it. Thanks for any help.

user added image

# 2 25-07-2005 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
Cut 'n patch!

I think that's the usual solution for shapes like this: to split them up into multiple discrete patches.

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!