Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-08-2003 , 02:18 PM

help importing walk cycle into a new scene

www.craigcrane.com
# 2 16-08-2003 , 02:44 PM
The Maya Mountain
I would imagine it's because he is keyed at that position. You'd need to group the entire thing, IK handles and all, in order to reposition it.

# 3 16-08-2003 , 02:46 PM
Ok mate.. the walk cycle its self is pretty good.... the foot rolls can use a bit more tweaking but your well on your way for your first walk cycle.

As for the new scene im pretty sure he's snapping like that because you moved him form point a to b most likely moving the foot controls.

Rember the walk cycles is static so you cant actually move him to get him to walk just by keying the foot controls.

There are 3 ways you should be able to fix this, keep in mind you will need to spead a bit of time to make sure that the movment of the character is the same speed as the scene.

1) Group you whole skeleton so you can move all of him to point a to b with out moving the foot controls.

2) Move the ground to give the apearence of him actully moving not static

3) Nice camera movement

Give me a a few mins i post up a example of each way you can fix it

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 16-08-2003 , 02:46 PM
Mikey you beat me hehehe=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 16-08-2003 , 02:58 PM
Grouping all works a treat!

Thanks guys.... Now my next question...

How do I break the walk cycle so that he may go on to do other stuff, like sit, stop, wave etc etc etc....

www.craigcrane.com
# 6 16-08-2003 , 03:12 PM
Ok this is not a walk its a run and not perfect, but works the same way...Just group the skeletion and foot controls. Then key frame the postion

Attached Files
File Type: zip rungrouped.zip (43.6 KB, 209 views)

# 7 16-08-2003 , 03:19 PM
To break the cycle you can use the trax editor... just make to clips of different actions then put them together.

I dont use the trax editor, but have seen realy cool animations done with it.

With cycles it a bit harder to get things to stop and start or go from fast movents to slow.

Another way you break it up is to have the cycle only work for a certain number of frams. Say 1 to 16 is a run, then move the group to make him look like he is moving then at fram 16 the cycle is done. You can go into key fram animation to have him skid and slow down then finally sit or something like that.

Last edited by Kurt; 16-08-2003 at 03:22 PM.
# 8 16-08-2003 , 03:21 PM
cool. I just tryed the same and did a PB and it works... I just now need to figure how to break the walk cycle and have him do other stuff.... and then plonk him into a scene.... so how does one do that? How do I break the cycle.... not very knowledgable on trax and graph ed's... user added image

www.craigcrane.com
# 9 16-08-2003 , 03:22 PM
The Maya Mountain
I usually don't do a infinite loop with cycles. Once you've got your basic steps, you can copy/paste those keys to continue the walk as long as you need and then simply continue to key it to change his motion.

# 10 16-08-2003 , 03:23 PM
looks like we are practically on this in real time. You already answered me just as I was posting... thanks....

www.craigcrane.com
# 11 16-08-2003 , 03:25 PM
I would just use the cycles for only the number of frames you need. you might need to have a cycle that spans 40 frams.... once you got him moving as soon as you cycle is do0ne you can go into keyfram animation.

Just dont have you cycles in the graph editor on infinite. only make the cycle as long as you need it to be so you can do keyframing after.