Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-12-2007 , 03:10 PM

lock object

Hi,

I'm starting to get familiar with maya, although I have one problem that I cannot find in the documentation or by googling: how do I lock an object (eg. an image plane), so it's not possible to accidentally move it? There must be some simple way, but I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance

oscar

# 2 04-12-2007 , 04:04 PM
Sorry for replying on my own thread, but I think I found what I'm looking for: you simply right click on an object and from the "Action" menu pick "Template".

# 3 04-12-2007 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
Yep that is one way to do it, another is to select it, and in the channel box select the translates,rotates and scales and right click>lock selected.

Chris

# 4 04-12-2007 , 05:24 PM
That is actually more what I was looking for. Thanks!

# 5 04-12-2007 , 10:03 PM
Lifetime Member
Also another way is to create a layer and add the object to that layer and set the layer to reference.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner