SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Maya for Mac OS .obj import

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

20-09-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
BigBadErik

Maya for Mac OS .obj import
First, my thanks to Saiyan for answering my previous thread!

Any thoughts on the following? Or am I the only one to experience this?

A frustrating issue: I've tried importing .obj files into Maya, and it doesn't work. I've even tried the "tounix" command in the terminal, dragging an .obj file over it, hitting "return," then trying to import it in Maya. Doesn't work...nothing happens in the perspective winow, and here's what I get back from importing a simple bowling ball .obj file:

pv_performAction "/Users/bigbader/Desktop/bowlball.obj" "OBJ";
file -import -type "OBJ" -rpr "bowlball" -options "mo=0" "/Users/bigbader/Desktop/bowlball.obj";
// Result: /Users/bigbader/Desktop/bowlball.obj //
// Result: 1 //

Any thoughts? This Mac import issue really stinks and so does the complete lack of Mac-compatible plug-ins...I'd love Alias to get it all ironed out.

--BBE