Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-05-2008 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber

creating a particle grid on plane or otherway round.

Hey guys,

Was wondering how would I go about either setting a particle grid to be made on the position of a plane or have a plane be created at a particle grids postion?

I am guessing it goes along the basis of finding the particle grid's position at setting it up that way but am pretty stuck where to go from there. I can get a particle ID's postion by using the 'getParticleAttr' command and specifying the first particle, but am not sure where to go from here.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

# 2 19-05-2008 , 07:58 PM
If you've got the particles position in space where you want the plane to be then stick that into a attribute and use it to be the position of the plane (using Xform or move)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 19-05-2008 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the speedy reply gster! However I am still fairly new to mel so am not sure how I would go about doing that and in which order, please enlighten lol.

Chris

# 4 19-05-2008 , 11:33 PM
If you use the getParticleAttr so that it contains the data that you want, just have that as the position of the plane, as I aint got maya open it might be some thing like this.

move -a `what you want to do here so its XYZ positions` objectname ;

Theres a probably a more elagant solution to it...

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle