Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-06-2003 , 02:23 AM

fishes

helo, I want to make an animation of fishes with a curve flow particles , how can I achieve that fishes have the right aim direction with the direction of the particles, I think that is putting velocity atribute to aim direction but does strange movements....please heeelp!

...I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
# 2 06-06-2003 , 02:40 AM
do you make an instancer with an index attribute, what i know is you need to define first the attribute for your aim especially when you are using multi insttancing.

------------------------------------------------
our decisions-not the conditions of our lives
determine our destiny.
# 3 06-06-2003 , 11:58 AM

fishes

I have only one fish I put the velocity as aim direction and all goes good , the wrong thing is that when fish change direction does very fast like one frame is rotate 30 and the next rotate 60 theres no a soft line between diferences of direction, I hope I explain good because my english is not the best

...I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
# 4 07-06-2003 , 12:46 AM
Use acceleration and not velocity to change fishes' direction, at least if you're using particle expressions. This will solve your problem.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com