Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 136 17-09-2004 , 01:44 PM
Hello Murph, just droped in to check the maya entries.

nice render, good work.

# 137 17-09-2004 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
Cheers dude, there is some really good SL entries, your's included. GOOD LUCK to you all.

MURPH
# 138 18-09-2004 , 10:19 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hi Murph
Sorry not popped in for a while, been updating my site and doing VERY big renders for the project, sand has proved to be a tiresome bugger to get right!! As with the lighting for desert environments. Think I've downloaded half the desert images off the web for reference!!
Your pic is cool man, I had to check the zip file, dont do rar ones Im afraid. Maybe bend the Sharkodile a bit at the neck upwards, posewise, so it will look like its homing in on its prey.

You get my vote anyway!!

_J
will let you know once updated site is up, should be the next couple of days.....

# 139 18-09-2004 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
desert images, god ive taken hundreds of digital images whilst i was in the gulf, ya shoulda said, i'll dig em out if you want. theres a few images of sandstorms and differenet lighting.

i have done a bit more posing of the croc, not the neck though, ive started that project i told you about, it's a killer track! i may post on the wip forum.

laters

_M user added image

MURPH
# 140 18-09-2004 , 04:38 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Murph

Sounds cool.

Would you mind sending a couple of sandstorm and lighting images? Appreciate that if you could.

_J

# 141 18-09-2004 , 06:26 PM
Subscriber
yeah no worries, might have to wait untill monday when i retrieve them from work though.

MURPH
# 142 18-09-2004 , 07:09 PM
Subscriber
@ Murph - it's been bugging me for ages and i still can't think who it is or what he's from, so who's the guy in your aviator as it's driving me mad?

# 143 18-09-2004 , 08:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
That's the little critter from Return of the Jedi.

# 144 18-09-2004 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
it's "Jabba The Hut's" little pet, Salacious Crumb, he just laughs a lot, but he's so cool!

MURPH
# 145 18-09-2004 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
argh ... i should punch myself for being so stupid. It seems so obvious now. I don't know whats got into me tonight but i keep having mental blocks on loads of little things, maybe i need more sleep.

# 146 20-09-2004 , 12:59 AM
Hey smurf! (heh heh I just couldn't help myself)
For some reason I thought you were in the "norm" category not the "noobie" You're all class buddy! Like the model and the scene.
ckyuk - Dude! One thing I have learnt in the little time I have been doing this is that most of us need more sleep ha ha! Totally obsessed!!! - Damn circus midgets! - Blah! Loosing it!
user added image user added image user added image

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 147 20-09-2004 , 11:07 AM
Subscriber
oh no- i am back at school - kids picking on me again - arhhhhhh user added image

cheers surfer, i was a real noob when i started, not that i am not now, but this competition has brought out a lot in me, so im not even after a win anymore.

btw, great website, i am doing something very similar at the moment, you could be my best critique.! user added image

laters - "Papa Smurf"

MURPH
# 148 21-09-2004 , 07:19 AM
Subscriber
Your progress has been no less than phenominal. The last posted view is great. Can't wait for the final to be posted.

t3

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 149 21-09-2004 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
my thanks - for your kind words T3logy.

May I enquire, your grasp of the english language is rather "English", are you english or just very literate. I only ask becasue beneath your avitar, it used to say USA. (now oceanside)

again, thanks.

MURPH
# 150 21-09-2004 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by murph
May I enquire, your grasp of the english language is rather "English", are you english or just very literate.

Thank you. I speak and am Tsatsilagi, Indigenous/Native American. I live on an Indian Reservation and didn't think anyone would know what/where it is, so I chose the largest "city" near us. Oceanside is in Southern California, USA. Noticed most of you indicate city, not state or country, so I switched to be consistent with the group.

t3 :glasses:

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.