Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 151 21-09-2004 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
T3logy - i'm Green with envy ! user added image

I spent 2 months in Tucson, Arizona. there was so much Native American influence there (as im sure you'll know), found myself imersed in immence Culture and Spirtualism - probably one of the nicest places i have been to. To this day.. it has changed my Life.

Murph

MURPH
# 152 21-09-2004 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
Please, allow me to introduce myself properly: I am La'Dene, daughter of LaBertha, daughter of Mary, daughter of She-Who-Crossed -the Big-Muddy, I am La'Dene daughter of Edward, son of Annie, daughter of Blue-Bell; daughter of Bear. I am La'Dene, daughter of the moon of the Bear Clan, an elder, pipe carrier and medicine woman of the Tsatsilagi / Creek, Blackfoot /Cree, and Lakota.

Hence the name: t3logy - 3 of me: Tsatsilagi, Blackfoot Cree, and Lakota.

The Navajo are greatly spiritual. You met them or the Hopi?

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 153 21-09-2004 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by t3logy

The Navajo are greatly spiritual. You met them or the Hopi?

I don't know exactly, we traveled up to mount Lemon (i think) and made some Native American friends along the way, i was given a necklace made of blue stones. and was told my "birth animal spirit" (think thats right) was a wolf.
My Wifes side of our family are deeply spritual, so were all jelous when i went.

Great lineage btw. user added image

MURPH
# 154 21-09-2004 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by murph
[snip] i was given a necklace made of blue stones. and was told my "birth animal spirit" (think thats right) was a wolf.

Great lineage btw. user added image

tx.
could be apache, or kiawa.
Wolf medicine is good. Great guide to have, the wolf.

to answer your original question, i am a bit literate (i'm older than dirt, have a couple of degrees, have worked a few decades and the industry insisted on it). tx for noticing.

t3 :glasses:

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 155 22-09-2004 , 08:01 AM
Subscriber
dude the render looks sweet, the colours work well together, the model looks good, well done Murph.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 156 22-09-2004 , 08:34 AM
Subscriber
thanks Dae, appriciate the praise.. especially from you. user added image

MURPH
# 157 28-09-2004 , 07:23 PM
Nice one Murph!! Very crocadillian!! U've improved a lot through this comp!! Cheers dude!

# 158 28-09-2004 , 07:36 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
American Indians, what beautiful people!!!

Hey Murph haven't you won this yet?? I thought this had finished. I guess I have been spending too long doing my web stuff, which incidently after some good advice has been getting a BIG face lift the last couple of days so keep ya eyes peeeled within the next few days. Its BIGGER, BETTER and SLICKER than before and I'm going to make some people weep, its certainly made me cry with all the work going into it!!

Theres gonna be some announcements on the project and a couple of new pages too!!!!

Later Laddie

_J

PS I cant believe CKYUK didn't know who the mighty Salacious B. Crumb was!!!!

# 159 28-09-2004 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
hey Zeeman, thks dude!

big J,

pretty sure i wont be winning, the Lw'ers have my catagory, nailed down for sure. not so sure about the Norm entries, that we'll have to wait and see. Your site looks ok 2 me anyway mate, but like "someone(?)" said earlier on your thread, youv've got shit hot work - dispay it, how it deserves!

later mate! user added image

btw: i think ckyuk knew it - but couldn't put his finger on it. anywoo back to the Empire Strikes Back (driving the Mrs crazy!)

MURPH
# 160 28-09-2004 , 08:50 PM
Subscriber
Great final entry Murph.

Been checking in from time to time (when I get a little time that is) and this is a really well worked piece my friend.
The water is really well executed, nice and murky, totaly believable. The creatures not bad either!

Congrats on finishing so well and good luck with the comp.

Chris

# 161 28-09-2004 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Chris, Glad you like it user added image

MURPH
# 162 29-09-2004 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber
Hey murph, so 2 months in Tucson. Thats where I have bean living for the past year. Tucson,AZ. So kinda close to t3logy also. Crazy. 3d's sometimes a small world.

Entrys looking great. I think your showing great in the cattigory. Best of luck.

# 163 29-09-2004 , 02:01 AM
Hi Murph,
Since I am in Tucson as we speak and was born 15 miles inland from Oceanside California I had to post something here. user added image
There are two Indian Reservations around the Tucson area. The Tohono O'odham Papago and the Pascua Yaqui.
It is unique here but I do miss the ocean terribly sometimes.
anyway keep up the great work pony needs the competition...:p

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 164 29-09-2004 , 07:38 AM
Subscriber

closer

since I live nowhere near Tucson or Oceanside, posting this here makes me feel alot closer than beforeuser added image, almost like one big happy 3D family ahhh.....lol

daeuser added image

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 165 29-09-2004 , 08:23 AM
Subscriber
Pony & Pony's girl-

have you been to "Cactus Moon yet?" it's not far From Davis Montham AFB (where i stayed), it was a real experience for me (as a Brit) i can tell ya, Ten Gallon Hats & the works - BRILL , user added image

Nogalis (? i think that is how it was spelt) just on the border - NOW THAT WAS AN EXPERIENCE i dont want to re-live!! :/ scared the crap out of me!!!!

& come on in Uncle Dae!user added image

MURPH

Last edited by murph; 29-09-2004 at 11:19 AM.