Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-11-2006 , 02:30 PM

Where to start

My son is 12 and very interested in learning computer animation tools. he is very fast at picking up new technology but a beginner at 3d animation or drawing tools. Any recommendations on what to get for him and what platform?

# 2 14-11-2006 , 02:40 PM
check out autodesk's website, they've recently acquired maya, and they have trial versions of both maya and 3D Studio Max.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 19-11-2006 , 02:52 AM

where to start

I have only worked with maya, and their Personal Learning Editions are a perfect place to start. They are fully functional and free! Or, at least they were when I got mine. The last time I was there, they had maya 7 PLE available. Good Luck!

# 4 20-11-2006 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
gets some books for beginners to start him up.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 5 26-03-2007 , 05:39 AM
I'm a true beginner as well. Can you all give me any recomendations for book titles and/or DVD's that would teach me the basics? The tutorials in PLE wont connect to the internet so I can't actually see them. Thx.

# 6 01-04-2007 , 01:06 AM
i think the "basic human form" free tutorial on this site is a good starting point. follow along and post questions here when you
re stuck. just make sure you watch it a couple times before you start or else you might hurt yourself.