Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-02-2008 , 10:19 PM

creating photoshop-like "actions"

Maya is such a powerful program, I have to believe there's something similar here but I can't find it with google or help--it's probably just a matter of not knowing the term to search for.

I'm wondering if there's a way to create actions like in photoshop.

Let's say I have a large architectural model, and I want to do the same thing multiple times:

- select face
- extrude face
- local translate: xx
- scale: xxx

I want to do this to dozens of different faces. Is there a good way of doing this? Right now I'm doing each face by hand and it's tedious. And obviously you can't just select all the faces and do it, because it transforms them all relative to the group, and not as individuals.

Thoughts?

# 2 04-02-2008 , 11:05 PM
Lifetime Member
open the script editor and clear all , then perform the task completely through once and then highlight all the text in the script editor and drag it to your shelf as a custom Mel button.
btw the select face part will have to be manual so don't add that to the script or it will just select the same face over and over.
Depending on what tools you select and actions you do, you might have select echo all commands in the script editor.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 04-02-2008 at 11:08 PM.
# 3 05-02-2008 , 12:50 AM
Awesome, thanks!