Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-10-2005 , 12:03 PM

Dino/Dragon - First model

My first real try at doing a model on my own. Only done tutorials before.

Using this picture as reference
user added image

I kow it has been done before, but I liked it and wanted to do my own version.

So here goes
SubD:
user added image

Poly:
user added image

Started the process of laying out the UVs now. I tried to texture the cartoon dog so I got the basics and I have watched a few tutorials on it, so hopefully it'll look good in the end.

# 2 24-10-2005 , 09:09 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Pursuiter

First Model? Nice job, so far, the mesh is nice and clean, which is half the battle. My only crit is to maybe round the head off a little more as its still got a squarish look at the front

Again great job on your first non tute modeluser added image

Jay

# 3 25-10-2005 , 07:47 AM
Thanks Jay

I have fixed the head a bit and also added nostrils. I thought the body needed a bit of a fix so I rounded that off as well. I'll post some pictures when I'm at the right computer.

Right now I'm focused on doing the textures wich is going along fairly good.

In the end I hope to be able to do some sort animation with this, but theres a long way to go before I get there (like learning how to rig something for starters.)

# 4 26-10-2005 , 11:49 AM
First test with texture and bumpmap. Haven't fixed the leg and arm yet so they dont have a texture.

user added image

Busy with school right now so this will go slowly forward.

Last edited by Pursuiter; 27-10-2005 at 06:24 AM.