Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-07-2009 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber

Podracer

I know this is not up to what you all can do but I'm proud of the time spent in making this even though its from a tutorial.

I do have a avi file too of it flying around. That was cool making it, the only issue I have which I need to work on is the texturing and lighting which I understand can make it or break it.

user added image

user added image

What do you think?

# 2 23-07-2009 , 12:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
no one is driving!

It looks cool, i'd say your shadow is rather small. As for texturing, i think there are lots of free tutorials on the subject.

# 3 23-07-2009 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
lol.. ya i know that wasn't in the tutorial. I'm learning lol

# 4 23-07-2009 , 11:17 PM
the main two things ive found with texturing is learn how to layout youre uv's properly and everyday reference is youre best tool everything in a cg world even if it is fantasy sci fi etc. will have a pretty damn close real world object which is similar especially in hard surface models like this

# 5 24-07-2009 , 04:39 PM
hey Archania,

how much the tutorial(DT Intro to Maya 2009) focus on other subjects?
Does it simply focus on modeling?

# 6 25-07-2009 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
It covered everything to create the modeling, texturing, dynamics, and animation.
Basically covered every aspect of Maya.
Was very good.