Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-05-2005 , 11:45 PM

Label on a bottle

Hello everyone, I'm having issues generating something incredibly simple. A label on a bottle.

Not I applied a layered texture to my bottle, the Label is being added to the bottle through a lambert and the bottle is a Phong E. And the texture (A ,tif with an alpha channel) is attached to the Lamberts Color and Transparency RGB. I've attached the MayaAscii file if you want to take a look.

The problem I'm having is when everything is attached to the Layered Texture and applied to the bottle, the label doesn't show up, even when I render it out the label doesn't appear.
I'm also attaching the Label itself so you can see the label itself.

I don't know why this isn't working, I've added labels onto objects before....

edit: okay, since the attachment has vanished, here's a Link to the project file. Here's the image, as a .gif Right here It's a much crappier version, so that it's not as large.

Last edited by ashex; 10-05-2005 at 11:50 PM.
# 2 11-05-2005 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
I am not really an expert on texturing (or an expert on anything for that matter) but is there a order button or something that may be making the bottle texture overlap the label one?

# 3 11-05-2005 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 12-05-2005 , 06:44 AM
Thanks for the PDF! I don't have much time to go through it right now (writing a paper). I've skimmed through it a little and it looks like this will work.

Thanks again!

# 5 12-05-2005 , 02:36 PM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 12-05-2005 , 08:24 PM
thanks! that did the trick for me! I just didn't have the out Alpha linked to the RGB transparencies correctly among other things.

Thanks again!