Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-05-2005 , 11:05 PM

extrude face questions

1.When i select faces and try to extrude them, I am getting all these extra faces in between. What am i doing wrong that causes this?

2. What is the key that you push when extruding faces and you want to adjust the face sizes and make them stay etc.

Thanks

Nate

# 2 05-05-2005 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber
1. From the Main Menu Select: Polygons - Tool Options - Keep Faces Together

2. I'm not sure I understand the question?

# 3 05-05-2005 , 10:16 AM
In answer to your second question, I think you are saying that when you have a face, you scale it inwards first, and you want to then extrude outward, without pulling the new, smaller edge faces with it. If that is the case, once you have scaled your face smaller (or larger) just press the 'g' key, this is the default command for redoing the last action, and it will perform a new extrude face on the new, resized polygon. Or if you do something in between, just select that face again, and use the Extrude Faces tool again.
But I might have misunderstood your question.
Hope this helps

David

# 4 05-05-2005 , 03:42 PM
you guys are awesome, thanks i owe ya