Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 23-03-2007 , 11:08 AM
new images for update i really like it so far for my 1st model user added image please comment and any help very welcome as it really needed lol thanks
user added image
user added image

# 17 23-03-2007 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
thats a shame your k750i broke .... nice updates coming along, are you going to texture this after you finish modeling?

# 18 23-03-2007 , 12:09 PM
well yes kinda its a not a question of if i will its a question of if i can... ive never done texturing and dont have a clue where to begin but i will attempt to do it so im sure im gna need alot of help lol thanks for the comment user added image

# 19 25-03-2007 , 05:31 AM
hello again just come across another problem i dont understand how to go around it....how do i make circles within a square object??? i have now got to a point where i need to make the joystick and where the joystick is it has a circle rim indent around it heres a pic to show you what i meanuser added imagethe phone shape is different to the one in the pic its more square the pic seems to be squashed)
user added image
heres a pic of the wireframe so if you can see anything wrong or something that would make my life easier for the future please tell me lol:

user added image
also here the render shot of where i want it:
user added image
thanks joshuser added image hope im making sense

# 20 25-03-2007 , 06:21 AM
What I can say about improvements are, extrude the area behind the buttons, inwards. So that the buttons can be pressed. Now they appear to sit on the shell.

For the joystick area, you could first make a flat circle for the black plastic ring. And then make the joystick from a cylinder and a spere.

Nice progress!

# 21 25-03-2007 , 01:26 PM
thanks for the reply user added image so to make the area behind the buttons do i make edges around the shape? and then extrude them in? but how do i get round edges?