Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-03-2007 , 03:01 AM
Subscriber

Rigging question

Hey everyone,
By watching Kurt's Low Poly Model Rigging DVD, I successfully have the basics of a skeletong. The problem I have so far is binding the neck joint to the head. I'm trying to make the neck bend the right way but I can't select the head alone on the model. The character model I'm using has been pre-modeled. What can I do? I would grately appreciate step-by-step instructions-I'm a very slow learner. Thanks! :headbang:

# 2 02-04-2007 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
I'm not totally sure about your question, but from what I understand, it may be worth isolating parts of the body in the component editor.

For example, select the cvs in the head, go to window -->general editors--> component editor.

You need to select the smooth skins tab. There should be some values for your head joint ranging from 0.00 to 1.00.

0 means no influence and 1 means total influence. You need to make all the cvs in your head joint to 1.

A similar approach can be used for the neck area. You can then tidy it up with the paint weights tool.

Hope this helps