Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 91 26-02-2008 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
hey Jr Who
I was checking out your website and the HD images do much more justice to this ship. I like it a lot better when you can see the detail work you have done. For the sake of having 640x480 renders here I think you should be zommed in a lot more, and not trying to capture the whole ship, but pieces of it over several renders so we can get an idea of the scale for one, and all the detail you have worked so hard on.

This is really shaping up well and I hope you fix that ocean/wake problem.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 92 26-02-2008 , 08:57 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
There are some things you can do to make it look big.

One is to put the camera under the object to look up to it.

Another trick is to have other objects in the scene that the viewer know the real size of and can compare other objects to. For example humans, birds etc.

Meh, I'm not going to get overly concerned over it, as I'm getting a very excited over my next project. I'm also almost done with a secret project that I've been working on a little. Maybe if you're lucky I'll post something on it today.

Oh, BTW, I might need your help in particular a lot for my next project. user added image

Originally posted by alexanderH
hey Jr Who
I was checking out your website and the HD images do much more justice to this ship. I like it a lot better when you can see the detail work you have done. For the sake of having 640x480 renders here I think you should be zommed in a lot more, and not trying to capture the whole ship, but pieces of it over several renders so we can get an idea of the scale for one, and all the detail you have worked so hard on.

Thanks a lot.

You mean kinda like how I did the sails when I was UV mapping them? That's a great idea!

# 93 26-02-2008 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jr.Who

You mean kinda like how I did the sails when I was UV mapping them? That's a great idea!

Precisely!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 94 26-02-2008 , 02:08 PM
Jr.Who