Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-12-2009 , 06:54 PM

Anyone Using CUDA

Hi All,

Anyone using CUDA for anything? Been having a fiddle at work using it to accelerate Matlab, just installed it on my laptop to have a mess about seeing if I can have a crack at re-writing some very simple plug ins for Maya using it, but strangely it makes my display go black and white! Gonna have to have a look into that one.

Anyone got Photoshop CS4 accelerated with it? If so how do you find it?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 21-12-2009 , 08:29 PM
The Nurb Herd
no idea what it is, it sounds like it may be a little above my technical knowledge. :bow:

# 3 21-12-2009 , 08:36 PM
It lets you use the GFX card to run code, its whats used in that Iray I posted up, big in research as its a huge increase in speed over the CPU (for some things) a guy I know has run a genetic algorithm that used to take 2 days on a CPU in about 2 mins on a SLI Gforce GPU (with some optimization of the base code).

The samples are superb to show the power. Volumetric particle smoke running with shadows, transprancy at 19fps, lots of particles at 150fps.

Well managed to get it going without buggering up my screen. Gonna code some simple matrix maths and see the difference.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle