Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-11-2004 , 03:42 PM

plz help about surface planar

hi guys , this is my first try to post at this lovelly forum ,
so pllllz help me .
i'm trying to model a mobile phone , but i don't know how to close the face surface of the phone . sorry for my bad English .
i tryied to make planar eith the last surface curve, it doesn't work .

thx for help

Attached Thumbnails

MaD MajD
# 2 30-11-2004 , 03:54 PM
Subscriber
I don't really know that much about nurbs, but I'm think a curve has to be planar to make a planar surface... Hence the name user added image

As I said I don't know much about nurbs, so I'd probably advise you to convert to polys, add faces to close the hole and then convert to sub-d's or smooth the polys... I can't remember the convert settings, but Kurt goes over the process in the free cartoon dog tut...

-Blomkaal

# 3 01-12-2004 , 07:36 PM
thx for help dude , but it doesn't work . . i tryed to close it with poly surface but it still not fit well . . i think there is a suprem way to do that with nurbs , but seems no body wana help
pllllllllllllz help i'v to finish it & i didn't start yet !! user added image :bored: :bored: :bored:

MaD MajD
# 4 01-12-2004 , 07:52 PM
Subscriber
i'd spit the curve at the corners and use a birail operation. However i'm the same as blomkaal, i don't really know much about nurbs as i try and stay away from them, more of a polys -> subd person. Sorry

# 5 02-12-2004 , 05:51 PM
thx alot guys ,, unless u post user added image

but still i wish to solve this trick ... plz help

MaD MajD
# 6 03-12-2004 , 02:08 AM
How about cut this curve into four part, and use Surfaces -> Birail 2 tool to build a nurb face?

someone say bye, someone say hi
some may forget you, but never would i...
# 7 03-12-2004 , 05:37 AM
Hey Mad_Majd....How about you split the curve in the center so that you end up with two curves and then loft between those curves and then rebuild the surface it creates and then curve snap or point snap the points on that surface so that it sits nicely with the rest of the surface...thats How I would go about doing it....user added image Hope it helps you out....user added imageuser added image

-------------------------------------------
# 8 03-12-2004 , 01:07 PM
hi again , thx for u both YingYing & MainlineX for ur help ,
i triyed to do what u told me MainlineX but it still need something to do about it , the surface which reduced after plabar had a semetry hole at the middle , can u plz help me with that ,
thx alot and sorry for my bad English again .

Attached Images

MaD MajD
# 9 03-12-2004 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
EDIT: - File didn't upload for some reason, so this post wouldn't make sence.

# 10 03-12-2004 , 03:43 PM
sory but what i understod from u that my last file had some upload problem . so i'll post it again with this thread .

Attached Images

MaD MajD