Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-06-2012 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber

cant find transparency slider for shader in attribute editor (molecular movies tut))

hi all,

i cant find the transparency slider on my blinn shader, i've been going round and round for a while now,

i'm currently doing this tutorial from molecular movies: https://www.molecularmovies.com/img/p...sCapillary.pdf

It was going great until i get to the part where it says -

"select at the top the ‘VESSEL_shader1:blinn1’ from the available tabs. Increase the transparency value to 25% (using the horizontal slider)."

under the vessel_shader1:blinn1 i cant see any transparency slider, only a transparency threshold which cant be set at 25%...

im so stuck - its probably right in front of me - someone please help!

thanks
nicky

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-06-2012 , 01:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Nicky

Hit the tab indicated by the arrow until you get to the tut_01_capillary_shader:VESSEL_blinn2 tab.
There you will the all the base material (VESSEL_blinn2) settings including the transparency slider.

Attached Thumbnails

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 24-06-2012 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber
thank you! i just reasoned that wasn't it because its called blinn 2, not blinn 1...dont i feel like a noob.