Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-04-2013 , 08:03 PM

Win8 Rendering issue maya 2012

Good day everybody,
Since the start of the year I have a new course at school; Maya. We have been using it in classes and it all worked fine until I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago (old one broke).
I have got this weird issue rendering scenes; I can render but it does not show op in the render view but the scene does render (I checked the rendered files, deleted them, checked them again etc.) I even changed the output format; the pictures are being rendered but don't show up in the render view. With/without alpha - alpha is being rendered as well.
This never happened before and it is annoying me. Does anybody have experience with this? I checked google and used google to search at Simply Maya. I could not find anybody having the same problem..
Thanks in advance!

# 2 16-04-2013 , 12:53 AM
Do you have the latest video drivers installed?

How do you mean they won't show up in the "render view"? The render view is used for viewing renders while inside of Maya. If you want to view your rendered images then use FCHECK. Right click on any render file and choose Open With > Fcheck. The when the fcheck window opens, choose Open Animation, choose a render file (only one) and then Open. It should open and play the animation.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 16-04-2013 , 10:52 AM
Dear Dave,
Thank you for your reply.
When I press render (in render view) the image won't show up. Not when I render as a AVI, JPG, TIFF or anything else. I have tried it with different settings for format, etc, however the image still won't show up.
However, the images are being rendered (I deleted the files before I pressed render) and when I open the files using native windows applications, they show up and display as I would expect.
I'll check if they can be displayed using FCheck and try to update my video drivers and get back to you!

Thank you in advance,

Ps. I'm using Maya 2012 PLE