Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 06-06-2004 , 09:09 AM
Before everything, I know this isn't to be here but in dynamics thread but I had notice that the forum over there doesn't have so many attention as this one so I will is Kevin doesn't mind I would like to post here...after all this killer machine would be chasing this car....
So hereis the probrem I'm having at the moment.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 06-06-2004 , 09:29 AM
As u can see my car has dynamics "rigid bodies" apllied to his upper body....
And springs constrains in the wheels....in this way I tried to make some suspension effects......works fine IF my car doesn't move.....
But that is not the point obviously...
When I make a path to create a motion path animation and aplly to entail group of car and play the animation...at the firat round moves ok.....but when I get the animation played twice all the springs dislocate ...I belive because springs has own translation value, so at the first round of animation maya calculate from the scene what is already there but at the second time maya calculate the springs translation in the object translation where they are parented plus the springs ones, for that reason I think they coming out from the place......
So my question is how I do to fix this problem????
If some one knows how to do that PLEASE give me a light......

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 06-06-2004 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
only thing I can say is that I wish I was in this stage...
but It's really informative to read your peace of post!

# 34 06-06-2004 , 09:53 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
StormGhetto

If you can wait til tomorrow I will ask my Dynamics Guy at work to sort this for you, I'm sure it very simple. Have you tried deleting all history and frezing transforms on the car and the outer 'rig'??

Jango

# 35 07-06-2004 , 12:06 AM
You probably need to cache the rigid body collisions. That's one thing you learn when playing with particles, dynamics, etc... I did a scene where I had several tires stacked on top of one another and another tire drops from above and knocks the stack over. When playing the animation back from the time slider before caching, the result would differ every time depending on playback speed (I was working with 'play every frame' turned on in the options).

To make a long story short, try caching the animation and lmk what result it yields. You may also want to parent a lower-resolution wheel to each of your tires which I'm assuming are rigid body colliders. Turn off the primary visibility on the lower-res cylinders, and make those your rigid body collision objects. It looks like you have a lot of detail in there and it is probably eating up a lot of cpu cycles.

I'm looking more closely at your setup now. How did you attach the object to the motion path? I've found that the best way is create a new empty node, attach that, and then parent your car to that node. I'm a little tired right now so I hope this is somewhat coherent user added image. PM me if you want, I spent a lot of time working with cars and dynamics.

# 36 07-06-2004 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber
heyyyyy stormgetto!

man your work is amazing. love the look of the machine and the textures. kudos to you dude. user added image

when you've animated it and such, please do post up a video... i need a copy for inspiration. user added image

# 37 07-06-2004 , 11:40 AM
ransick:I would like to post my car rigging after I fix this problem, at the moment i can't give u more information until I fix that, I don't wanna give wrong information u know..... sorry for that.....
Jango: thanks...could be nice if u could that...well about the freeze transform, i tried but doesn't work....springs transform doesn't disconnect so I can't freeze...
Co0KiEmAn: u definitily gave me some light....Thanks a lot.....well I think I will be re-making the setup, cause It seems that I have too many things connected using expression and connection, like when the suspension move up and down the car body don't just bounce up and down but also rotate against the force apllied by sus., and maybe that the reason for some bugs....
but I tried to cache and works better then before....now at least I can see some light in my way.......
deryk: yes for shure I will be posting my showreel...