Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-12-2005 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber

help maya cloth problem

please can any one help, i,m having problems with cloth.

The thing is i created a t-shirt for my character i set up all th cloth material atributes like the solver scale and batch resolution and then assigned creat colition object to thr model, however only one side of the cloth seems to react to the model. and other side just passes through the model

im attaching a pic for you all to see, please help if you know what i'm doing wrong

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-12-2005 , 11:04 PM
Aint cloth a bitch!

its always so random whether it'll work or not. It would seem your character has something different on one side, i would suggest finding out what that is.

Professional Noob

MSN me
# 3 12-12-2005 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
i don't understand i duplicted the other side so idon't see how anyhing could or should be different

Last edited by jali; 13-12-2005 at 06:13 PM.
# 4 19-12-2005 , 05:39 PM
Hmmm well if the shirt is symetrical along the 0 y-axis and so is your character, i dunno how there would be a problem.

# 5 13-01-2006 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
i noticed when i was making my strap and and t-shirt .. that if your model is small .. it will mess up .. but if the mdoel is Huge compared to the square grid .. it seems to work just fine .. might have to move your shirt a tiny bit to position it just right after it's finished closing in around the body