Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-11-2006 , 11:26 AM

render exporting

i am having trouble with the rendering of partical systems such as a flame. exporting it to after effects to put together with another video(you know for special effects reasons) but when i do and i use the color key tool to take out the green screen even black screen it makes the inside of the fire pixelated or even takes it away. is there an easier way to do it

# 2 24-11-2006 , 08:40 PM
are you keying from real video? I'm sure there are better forums than a maya one if you are user added image

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 26-11-2006 , 05:51 AM
ummm... are you rendering this in maya? or pulling it in from actual footage? if you rendered it in maya, you can map to the alpha channel, that should remove at least some of the pixelation problems - meaning you're not removing anything, because there's nothing there. also, probably upping the quality will help, as well. If you're using actual footage... you're probably going to clean it up by hand... even with the best computers, I think most studious still go back and clean up the edges of things (although the have to do less cleaning with green than with blue).

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com