Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-06-2008 , 08:03 AM

visible off in animation?

I have an animation where I sort of morph on object to another. At this point I would like to get rid of my first object mesh. Turning the visibility off works in maya but does not export. I need to save on pollys so it would be better to remove it all together. Or better yet morph one object to another but I cant figure out how.

# 2 03-06-2008 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
I would go about it this way have your two object in the scene key one of the object visibility off then at the point where u want to make the switch key its visibility on and do the opposite for the other object. eg. you have 24 frames at say frame 15 you wanna make a switch key visibility at frame 14 off for your main object frame 15 key visibility on for your other object make sure at the beginning of the frame you key visibility off for you second object. that should do it.