Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-02-2007 , 10:22 PM

dynamic cable in rest state

I am making a cable using a nurbs curve, attaching "weights" to the CVs and then using the curve as a wire deformer. Now when I hit play, it works fine, no problem, but how can I set it to run without the timeline, so I can just have the final resting state of the cable on frame 1?

# 2 06-02-2007 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
I reckons, I do, that if you went to Solvers->InitialState then picked either SetForSelected or SetForAllDynamic, you'd be on a winner. I've got a bit of dynamic rope here, and it works fine when I do the 'for everything' option, but I'm just too asleep to be able to figure out what I'm meant to select to make the 'for selected' option work. Hope that's of some use to you Radical.

S.

# 3 06-02-2007 , 09:15 AM
Personally a hair folicle would do this better (that is if you have unlimited) as this is whats it excels at.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle