Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-07-2008 , 09:20 AM
Subscriber

applying burnpaper to an object?

Hi there,

I have a polygon shape which I would like to apply the burnpaper effect to but don't really know where to start. I thought if I deleted the paper and put my model inside the container it would work but it doesn't. How do I apply this effect?

Thanks in advance
Simon

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 2 28-07-2008 , 01:30 AM
Subscriber
what are you talking about.., do you have a picture??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 28-07-2008 , 03:05 AM
I believe you may be speaking of the Burn paper Fluids preset scene in the Visor correct?

My appologies, but I've never had a need to use it, so my familiarity with it is minimal at best.

One thing you may want to explore are the Notes at the bottom in the Attribute Editor for the fluidShape itself.

Artists very often leave Notes there with usage instructions for given attributes.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com