Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-04-2007 , 03:27 AM

Where to begin

Hey,
I have background in video editing, after effects etc. and maya animation is something I really want to learn and incorporate into my skillset.

But it seems so daunting to learn

Where can I begin?

# 2 17-04-2007 , 03:31 AM
Lifetime Member
i would start by pressing F1 on the keyboard and working your way through the tutorials in the help file,
After you have completed these you should have a basic understanding of the interface and most commonly used tools.

# 3 17-04-2007 , 03:32 AM
But do I need to be good at drawing to make very realistic models?

# 4 17-04-2007 , 03:42 AM
Lifetime Member
No you do not have to be good at drawing but it does help if you want to create original concepts. You can use reference photographs to build existing objects and characters and animals.
Above all it's practice and more practice and then some more practice.Don't expect miracles and super fantastic models in a week.Give yourself time and start by modeling simple objects that you can see like something on your desk.

# 5 19-04-2007 , 08:32 PM

Re: Where to begin

Originally posted by kavinderd
Hey,
I have background in video editing, after effects etc. and maya animation is something I really want to learn and incorporate into my skillset.

But it seems so daunting to learn

Where can I begin?

it is daunting. i wouldnt suggest learning it.

just kidding.

simply maya has some cool free tutorials that really start you off.