Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-10-2011 , 07:41 PM

Curve corners problem.

Hello, I'm trying to figure out why my corner is biased towards top, you can see attached screenshot of two curves, bottom one is the one I'm having problem with and top one is just to show standard curve behaviour. Both curves are CV 3rd degree curves.

user added image

Thanks you,
eF

edit. I haven't changed any settings(i.e. fillet), bottom curve is quite long - 12 spans in total. My only theory as to why this is happening is that this corner span is calculated based on placements of other spans/CVs.

edit2. Doesn't matter, I've was playing with the CVs( moving them about) and after I've put them back into places my curve was redrawn properly.

Last edited by edgeWalker; 14-10-2011 at 11:52 PM.
# 2 15-10-2011 , 05:58 PM
Lifetime Member
if you want to create a corner curve then always place CVs closer to each other at corner. if you pull CVs apart then corner will bias to a direction in which you are pulling the CV. You can use grid snap while you make cornered curve.