Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 136 24-07-2008 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
dont know about the red and blue colours, though they seem abit distracting.

# 137 25-07-2008 , 04:38 AM
I guess when you add a little light @ the helmet, they may seem less distracting as they don't seem as bright anymore then user added image

# 138 25-07-2008 , 07:15 PM
Yeah. That, or he could possibly change the shade of red and blue to a darker shade. Also having the lights in there (like shadowspy said) would make it so that you can see more details in the mask, and it will capture your attention more.

Everything is astounding so far, by the way. It's amazing. Keep it up!user added image

# 139 25-07-2008 , 09:18 PM

Originally posted by Bluethunder
Yeah. That, or he could possibly change the shade of red and blue to a darker shade. Also having the lights in there (like shadowspy said) would make it so that you can see more details in the mask, and it will capture your attention more.

Everything is astounding so far, by the way. It's amazing. Keep it up!user added image

2nd that user added image

# 140 25-07-2008 , 10:23 PM

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 141 26-07-2008 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for all the crits guys. allways appreciated, i took note and made some changes, just gotta sit him into the background a bit better

Attached Thumbnails

free memory low..exception thrown
# 142 26-07-2008 , 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Big difference, now I can see whats what.

- Genny
# 143 26-07-2008 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
Cheers Gect

Just out of interest i have 2 monitors and on one my renders are light and clear and on the other their darker, so i tend to do final tests on the light one, but i wonder how many people are posting stuff that i think is dark or too light, maybe one of the people at SM could put up a refferenc image with a description of what you should be able to make out???

# 144 26-07-2008 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
i agree with GecT, it looks a lot clearer now

and i have two monitors too, my laptop one and my better one, i call it better since its bigger and shows things more.... saturated?

it's rather annoying when two displays are displaying things differently

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 145 27-07-2008 , 12:03 PM
Ehh.. Is there any sort of universal display settings for monitors? Probably not since the different manufacturers monitors may appear slightly different.

If you haven't changed the settings on the monitors, then they should display quite similar. But then again they might just be different if it's from different manufacturers....

Either way, there shouldn't be a huge difference in what you see and what we see.

I would think that if you do get alot of comments saying it's too dark, then maybe it's just your monitor.

It's all awesome though! user added image

EDIT: You know what makes alot of difference, which I'm now noticing.. If you have an LCD monitor, then your sitting position affects the color alot. Say you're sitting too low, then the higher parts of the image that are dark colored may seem darker than they actually are. Try adjusting your position, see if that helps at all.

# 146 27-07-2008 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber
ah, if i knew what the contrast ratio for my laptop is then that would probably explain why things are less saturated than the monitor with 3000:1

although i'm told that contrast ratio's don't actually give any noticable difference... then again who knows how that opinion was derived

what you see does change depending on your viewing angle, but more often than not people have their two monitors right next to each other and the viewing angle is negligable (ugh.. is that how you spell that word..?)

i never even noticed my laptop was displaying things really light until i got my second monitor

maybe its because this has the stupid hideous glossy coating that makes it impossible to use during the day or outside and the one from LG doesn't...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 147 27-07-2008 , 03:11 PM
Right... thats a good point that the viewing angle if you had two monitors would be negligable. Yes, that is how you spell the word user added image

# 148 27-07-2008 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber
The bigest difference is that one is cool and seems to be always blue and the other seems quite neutral ive tried playing with them but am struck at how different they look.

# 149 28-07-2008 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
Those film makers are such cheats..i converted an x wing model to do the internal shot, but i had to butcher it to get the same frame as they did in the film.

Attached Thumbnails

# 150 28-07-2008 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
this is the shot from the above

Attached Thumbnails