Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-02-2005 , 09:12 PM

paintfx

hie user added image
soo i made a treebrush with paint effect ,i had convert into polygone then export my brush...
but i can't export the texture (of this tree ) that appear into the hypershade editors.
soo ,how i export/convert into targa files the texture that appear into the hypershade windows ? to use it latter into photoshop...
thx.

perfect
# 2 17-02-2005 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
Couldn't you just render the scene then bring the render into photoshop? Once in photoshop, just select the area you want to make a brush from?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 18-02-2005 , 02:13 PM
actually no ,because it's a tree ,and i just want the texture ,the texture that you can see apply on the ball in the hypershade window how i export this texture ?
thx

perfect
# 4 18-02-2005 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber
Select your stroke, then in hprshd, shift select the shader
then in hprshd window, edit>convert selected to texture>optionbox

# 5 18-02-2005 , 07:24 PM
sorry but still no arrive
soo
select my stroke ,you mean i select in the perspective view my texture ??
because only after i go to hypershade
shift select the shader means ,in the matérial window shift the saders ,or in the texture window i shift the texture
at least i found the edit-->conver to file texture-->option box
soo which stroke i select ??

user added image user added image

perfect
# 6 18-02-2005 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
you need an active object with the specified texture on it in order for this to work.
so, take your tree brush u made, draw a stroke, and with the stroke still active, open the hypershade, and shift select the shader with your texture, then edit>convert to texture
or rtm on convert texutre options.

# 7 18-02-2005 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber
thanenbauk,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you wanting to use a tree as a brush in photoshop? To create a quick forest with a single brush stroke perhaps?

If so, you'll need a plugin such as photospray. Brushes in photoshop only retain grayscale data. Painter, corel's photopaint, and a few others have image based brush tools (aka hoses, nozzles, and sprayers). Photoshop has yet to implement such a tool.

Last edited by mhcannon; 18-02-2005 at 10:03 PM.
# 8 19-02-2005 , 12:10 AM
how i draw a stoke on the perspective view ??

no i just want the texture ,don't need the brush just want to work on the texture of this tree made with FX

thx

perfect
# 9 19-02-2005 , 09:17 AM
Subscriber
Ok, hope I understand you now. Do you need to bring the texture into photoshop for editing? If so, select the shader node in hypershad and graph it. Select the file node, then select edit test texture. Set the resolution you want and render the texture test. From the renderer, save the image out to whatever format you need to work with. See image below for reference. Sorry for the large image size, but had to show multiple steps.

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 19-02-2005 , 06:28 PM
ok thx its been long but its ok now

another question
whicth is the best change to get better render , with the clap ?? mine its quiet poor and ugly

by the way i got MAYA 6.0 unlimited now ,soo user added image

thx

perfect
# 11 19-02-2005 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
You probably need to change your render globals. You can change the resolution, render quality, and antialiasing for starters. Then just have fun exploring all the different render option.