Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-08-2007 , 05:41 PM

Endsweep & curve projection issue

Hello!

I'm making a steampunk machine, and I want to make a curved flange to go around the base of any funnels or pipes which protrude from the body of the machine. I hoped to project curves onto the body, and then loft them from there.

I have lofted the body together from several nurbs circles and deleted the history, but I have found that I cannot project curves onto the body where the seam is, because the projected curve is cut in half!

I wanted to know how I could move the seam to the bottom of the body.

ps. The body is asymmetrical so I can't just rotate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

# 2 27-08-2007 , 02:09 PM

SOLUTION!

I've solved my own problem!

I keep a rubbish bin of groups and objects I've finished with but which may be useful later.

I still had the Nurbs circles I lofted to make the body in the bin!

I selected each Nurbs Circle one by one, and rotated them on their local axis by 180 degrees. I then relofted and voila! I had the seam on the bottom.

I'd still like to know how to fix this, as it will likely be a problem in future, and I may be unable to just pull the circles out of the bin.

# 3 27-08-2007 , 02:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
select the isoparm you want and go to Edit NURBS> Move Seam

# 4 27-08-2007 , 04:07 PM

:O

Huh....oh....yeah....damn.

Only joking. Thank you very much. Awesome!