Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-03-2003 , 06:44 AM

Help needed!!!

yesterday maya crashed with an fatal error and i had to reboot my pc... since this moment, i can't open my scene-file i was working on! has one of u guys an idea how i can solve this * problem?

# 2 10-03-2003 , 07:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's possible that the file has become corrupted... does it give you any sort of error or whatever when you try to open it?

# 3 10-03-2003 , 07:21 AM
it just stop opening at 35%... and no message, maya just crash...

# 4 10-03-2003 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
Abra, i only have one idea... try to start a new file, and then import the other file.. see if that works, it might!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 10-03-2003 , 08:01 PM
Are you on an NTFS volume? Isn't there some fancy journaling-filesystem-way to get back to an uncorrupted version of the file?

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 6 10-03-2003 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
do onething... you mean it just dissapeared from your screen right.... i had encountered this... what you have to do is... go to your maya folder in your documents folder and then go into 4.0/4.5 and delete prefs.... and try opening it again.. beware all your stuff will reset.. i mean maya UI....

worked for me..... hope it works for you too....

Tariq